24 April 2009

Quick Pick!


Please excuse the mess, We have paint swatches on the walls, and silverware in a bin, and ... well, we live here, and at least I got to work out this morning, right? This post was a last min thing for a friend. I Need Input Fast!

We are updating our kitchen to sell next spring (probably). New counters, hardware and lighting.
We have narrowed our search for (cheapest) laminate counters and now have to decide and order.

Our problems -Staying neutral is a bit boring
-I'm afraid of loosing a too-neutral counter top into the floor
-The wood grain on our cabinets is very pronounced and busy (but nice)


Our choices


On the tile floor.

One blends right into the tile, the other is too busy?



By the cabinets





Grey against the cabinets


Grey against the Tile

I think I like the grey best, but I'm too scared and everyone else says no.
-We've got to be able to sell.

Ideas?

3 comments:

househunter said...

I love the gray w/ the tile, but not so much with the cabinets. I actually like the darker & busier neutral with the tile and the cabinets. I also like the light "boring" neutal, but it looks like what you currently have. My vote is the busy-dark-brown-neutral. Thanks for posting it, the visual really helps! You kitchen will look great! All the samples would work.

JayShay said...

I don't like the grey at all. I like the darker neutral, it goes well with the cabinets and the floor. I don't think it's too busy either. But its your house so you have to live with it! :0) And if the next people don't like it they can change it!!

househunter said...

My husband voted for the dark neutral, the tan one, same as me. I asked his opinion without telling him what I chose & was surprised that we both liked the same one! Happy remodeling!!!