11 January 2011

Thanksgiving

The Participants:

 Topper's Great Grandma and Grandpa


 Dad's parents, Gram and Gramps


One of  Topper's brothers, Uncle Soldier/College Man


Another of Topper's brothers: Uncle Computer Genius 


The Food!:

Big Red, testing out our (now abandoned) roll recipe, Again.  Some recipes just aren't good.  It took about seven years to figure this out.  I always thought it was just operator error!  What a slow learner.



Yippy-Skippy's fall trifle was DELICIOUS!  Pumpkin and gingersnaps.  A definite repeat for next year.



The Entertainment:

 This was one of the best parts!  The girls made up their own program of about eight songs and played different duets and solo's.  They even had an original piece they all participated in.  Great job girls!






Here there is a Football game on - No, maybe it was the parade-, a board game, and a game of Apples to Apples with players rotating in and out while we fixed the food.   It was nice just being together.


 -This one speaks for itself.-


Great Grandpa put his glasses on the mutt.  Love it!


In looking back at this years pictures to post on the blog, I realize that I haven't taken very good pictures.  In fact they are down right awful.  I am beginning to realize (I know, slow learner) that the point and shoot cheapy that I insisted in keeping cause it could fit into the diaper bag is no longer satisfactory.  In fact I hate it.  This is why I'm not breaking out the camera for every little thing.  Or even big things, like a picture of all the cousins together, or a picture of Auntie and her kids, or say, the whole gang together,.. you get the idea.  The Christmas pictures (next post?) are even worse!  So... Maybe it's time to let the Hubby, who has been begging for years, go ahead and buy me a good camera.  It's time.

4 comments:

Cara said...

Wow. I had no idea you had that much family in town for Thanksgiving. That's awesome. Looks like you guys had a great time. :)

Unknown said...

Do it! Get the camera! You will absolutely love it!

Lori said...

Gotta get the trifle recipe! And I'm so glad my friend "the mutt" was represented. Looks like a TON of fun!!

JayShay said...

Looks like tons of fun! We miss you!