13 April 2008

Adults!

Since I've been playing the married-but-single parent game for a bit now, I sure appreciate it when I get some help. I have a crew of loyal local friends who regularly bail me out of a pile of dishes, laundry, or take me out to play. They are true staffs to lean on. I 'm so grateful to have them!

I've also been treated to a few visitors from out of town who have come to help out. First, our favorite GI Joe Uncle returned from a 15 month deployment in late January. He came for a week last month and helped us clean up our horribly trashed backyard. He also built us some benches, and hung out, worked out, and wrestled with the kids. What a guy!


Our other distinguished visitor was my 'sister' and her son. They came to spend a week and distract my girls on their spring break with all of the little guys grand cuteness! We played and hung out and walked the baby, and had a grand old time.

Plus while Sis took the kids to the park, I got my garage put back together! For months my would-be attic storage has been living in my garage, and even seeped into the kitchen. Left over Christmas stuff that was missed, winter coats, winter clothes, easter stuff, shoes, boots, you name it. But now it's all back where it should be, and I've reclaimed my entire kitchen floor.

We had a really fun visit. Perfect for an at-home spring break!
Thank you you guys for coming down! We love you.

And thank you to those who can't make it down to visit, but who call to check up on us. All adult conversation is welcome, even if we mostly talk about kids. :) We're grateful to everyone who's watching out and praying for us. Love to all, Happy Spring!


















1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Anytime...anytime!
It is so nice to have visitor's when hubby is gone!