05 November 2008

Elaction Party!?

So there we were, 


Laughing, 


Lounging,


Eating,


Watching the map change.



When all of a sudden, we all stared in silence at the TV!  A speech



What???!


The party was over.  Our guests went home.

We shut out the lights.  

We said our prayers according to our chosen religion, 
and went to bed with our guns under our pillows.   


All I can say is: If you didn't bother to vote, don't bother to complain.

-Just kidding about the guns.-   

7 comments:

househunter said...

What a night!!! Is there something wrong with having a gun under your pillow? You just need a really thick comfy pillow. Sorry your party was cut short so fast. Loved the photos!
J

Unknown said...

Hi, Liz,
I found you off Brenda Witte's blog. We didn't have anyone else over, but our oldest son A.J. treated the election coverage like a sporting event (and he's a HUGE baseball and Mizzou fan), he even cried when they called the election. I got some funny video of his reactions, and I'll put it on our blog as soon as I organize it. BTW, your family is adorable.

Bethany Pabst (Aaron's wife)

Ginet said...

I love that you called Utah so early. No surprises there. What about Montana though?! Who would have thought that one would be so close?

Kimberly said...

Cool, looks like quite the party!

Zach said...

Let me extend my heartfelt condolences in your time of mourning.
-z

Brenda said...

Election night win or lose is alway cool!... I kinda like democrocy...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.