13 December 2009

Finally An Update!

My list of excuses is long and varied, but it all ends with me doing other things than tending to this blog. I've even been on the computer a bit, just not online. Here's a little piece of what we've been up to.

Halloween was a lot of fun. I got very ambitious and decided in September to finally make dresses from a pattern that I've had for at least 5yrs. Having four little girls, and being Laura Ingalls Wilder fans, we have wanted to be the Ingalls family for Halloween for a while. That's a lot of dresses, bonnets, aprons, pantaloons, and chemises to make. This year I had my chance. I started mid September and did the underclothes and apron/bonnets, leaving just about one dress a week for the month of October. It was nuts, but I got it done, and it did keep me busy! Next year we'll have to add Pa. His should be easier, a pair of suspenders and a big-sleeved blouse. I already have a hat.



Trying to be serious and "old fashioned"


Sorting their loot in their newest favorite pajamas.
-The pantaloons and chemises from their costumes!




Here is a picture of the long awaited Welcome Home!

3 comments:

Kate said...

What great dresses!! You did a fantastic job!! Also glad to see Pa is home safe and sound ... that is always a good thing. Hugs to all!

househunter said...

Amazing job on the dresses!!! Love the colors and the girls are adorable. The dog is cute too (did he go as jack, Laura's dog?) Great photos, wow, you can really see the girls emotion when their dad came home. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing such a great post! Glad you all are doing so good. Everybody looks great!!! ~J

Brian Moegling said...

Wow! I didn't know you sewed? The dresses look amazing, as do your girls. I can't believe how grown up they are looking.
I haven't talked to you in ages it seems. I read Bethany's blog from time to time, and she has lots of links to other people I know, so that's how I found yours. We have a family blog now as well that was started this year after Justin was born. If you are interested in a few pictures, it is moegling5.blogspot.com. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!
~Andi