
This is the best before picture we have of the girl's bathroom. It's mostly to show the wallpaper. Nice 70's peachy iridescent flowers. It had a long and healthy life. Just past the shower on the left is a little cave with a toilet. The next picture is a picture of that cave showing just above the toilet.
I'm working on getting some small colored lettering to go above the tiling all around to bring things together and reinforce the theme, but we'll see how long that takes.

Another of the girls bathroom sort of across from the cave. Notice the glowing orb hanging from a chain that calls itself a light fixture. Not pictured is it's twin that is hanging on the opposite side of the mirror. Nor can you see the whole site duplicated, yes, in the master bathroom too. Ack! Note: Upon further review, this is the master bathroom (no peach flowers) but oddly enough the view of the left hand side of these mirrors is identical in both. Right down to the electrical outlet and the towel rack.
This is the last of the girls bathroom. I know, the perspective in this photo comes close to an MC Escher print, but from it you get the idea of the finished product. No more peach flowers or glowing orbs.

From the funky 70's to the Hip 80's Here we have old black and white (iridescent) striped wallpaper of the master bathroom. There is a subtle detail here that is missed in the photos. That is the soft pink stripes between the black and white that match the rosy colors of the flower border that runs around the whole room. I know, you're sorry you've missed it. Yippie-Skippie helped me take it all down.

Here's the same view now. Since we have a black and white floor in here that cannot be avoided or ignored, I went a bit art-deco (which I kinda like anyway). I framed artsy postcards from a vacation in dollar store frames that I spray-painted black. The shade came from salvation army. Nice find, but barely fits. :)

Opposite wall , more orbs. It's much better and brighter now. The green stripe on top needs some touching up. Maybe when I get those letters for the other bathroom, then...
Anyway, much ado about nothing, and I wonder in 10 years what folks will have to say about my horrible decor choices, but it's kept us busy for a while. Now back to dishes, laundry, bathing the dog and taxes. Another note: I'm also going to frame in the mirror with molding. -Eventually.
4 comments:
You are amazing. The bathrooms look great. We miss you and enjoy reading about your family and all your adventures.
Jaydee ran a marathon last year, but isn't training for anything this year (yet). We are still waiting to see what our plan for this year is...are we moving or staying here? Take care.
wow! what a lot of work! good going!
It looks great! I'm really going to miss your old lighting!
When I get lonesome for you I always come in and look at the site and always enjoy it. You are just an amazing gal!! I love the pictures and the commentary of your projects. Grandpa sends his love and so do I.
hugs
GRANDWOW
Post a Comment