24 February 2008

A Fun Run in our Little Pond

This Saturday we all participated in a fun run in our little town. Chickadee accompanied Little Red on a 1/2 mile run. I ran/walked with Yippy-Skippy for a mile and Big Red ran a mile on her own. There was a 5k for the grownups and Chickadee wanted to try it out, so Her and I ran the 5k after a friends took the "little girls" home. Everyone had a great time, although some were more "into it" than others. And I love how they would stop when I tried to take their picture while running. :)

A good friend of mine also ran and achieved a personal record and placed first in her age group and a youth from our ward placed second in her age group, so that was cool.

Ironically, Chickadee was placed in the wrong age group (and they didn't even have an under 13 category), so she took home the third place medal for the 17-20yr age group. (I LOVE our little town!) She had a great time. "So...When's the next race?" she asked.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Cool Pics and they just keep running across the screen. Andi Moegling (pabst) came by my house yesterday and I showed her your blog... she is comming into the 21st century with highspeed connections etc... So she may drop by the blog... that sounds weird. anyway... thanks for the fam. updates and pics they are cool....TTFN Brenda