13 April 2008

Puzzles and General Conference

Those of you who belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints know that last weekend was our General Conference. Well, I only caught the last half of the first Saturday session cause I had a friend arriving from out of town to visit me. (More on that later.)

Well this weekend, as it so happens, was our Stake Conference, and our stake center is about an hour away, which is usually no big deal, but I was being a bit of a whiner about it and then I ended up getting sick anyway, so we didn't go. -Instead...I had a marathon day of listing to 8 hours of General Conference from last weekend online. (Technology is cool.) I worked a puzzle, and let the kids go in and out and we took breaks for meals and such.

Among the many things I gained from this experience was a puzzle/life analogy. OK

We are trying to put our lives in order. the puzzle
We are doing some things well. the pieces we already have put together
We have a lot to fit in, and it looks overwhelming, and like it won't all fit. the scattered peices
But... We have the Savriors example, scriptures, and prophets, and prayer, etc to guide us. the puzzle cheater key

It's a loose analogy, but Conference has a way of making you feel good about what you're doing and pointing our what else you need to work on. This Conference was exceptional, I'm so glad I made it a point to listen. Can't wait 'til it comes out in print.


3 comments:

JayShay said...

Hey the puzzle looks great!! You'll be finished in no time. Had a great time Sat. See you again soon!!

Kimberly said...

That puzzle looks so hard! I bet you got it done in no time!

Topper said...

FYI: All the puzzle pieces are identically shaped so every piece fit every other piece even if it didn't belong there, and the puzzle itself is a maze. Even with referencing the key for nearly every piece, we gave up after 3 days. I had to reclaim my living room. -Anybody want a free puzzle? I'll even ship it to you for free. Quite a challenge... :)